Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default work bench/ B&D Work mate

On Apr 13, 7:26*pm, Fred wrote:
I already have some trestles; I bought a pair of B&D from B&Q in the
Christmas sale. They are plastic, so like wood, they are kind to your
tools if you miss, of course, it wouldn't do the trestle any good! The
thing with trestles is they are ok for most things but if you have
something with an unusual (i.e. not rectangular) profile or something
that needs holding in place, they aren't that good. I'm not sure how
useful G-clamps would be as there's not that much to clamp to.

With mine I use a couple of lengths of 5" decking and clamp to that
with 6" quick release clamps, or to the trestle as well if need be.

I also have a few 'sawboard' type jigs for use with routers/jigsaws/
circular saws, so it's just a matter of clamping workpiece and jig
down.

cheers,
Pete.