Tim Mitchell

Default Can't turn hot water stop tap!

In article , Bob Mannix
writes

"Snowman" wrote in message

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

Sounds like a gas tap to me as well! Assuming you are certain that it's

water tap(!) you could try spraying every evening for a few days with
WD40/PlusGas or whatever. It has (occasionally) worked for me in the

past.
Then get brutal, but if it turns a little turn it back and then forward
again, then back etc., Make sure you can drain the system quickly.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Yes it's definately water - at least it stopped the water last time I
managed to turn it. I'll give WD40 a try - does that work best in the
evening? :-)

Oh yes, it's a well known fact!

If I try and remember to do things in the morning I always forget and end up
doing them in the evening anyway so that's why not cut out the middle man?

I fear that, if it's a gas tap that someone used for water, the water will
make it prone to complete seizure. I have not seen a water tap like this,
you might be advised to consider changing it. Mind you, the cheap gate
valves always stick (as another poster said). The only real way round this
is to shut and open them every 6 months, except you never remember :-(

This is a feature I like on the Keston boiler, if it's sitting there
idle and hasn't used its valves and pumps for a while it wiggles them
around just to make sure they don't stick. Now if only someone could
invent a gate valve with similar features...
--
Tim Mitchell