Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Selling Sofas

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-04-13 20:45:05 +0100, "Arthur2" said:

So we've seen the advert for half price sofas and
the other offers over the years. But if I was selling sofas
I would think the offer that couldn't lose is
"Buy a sofa and we throw in a Makita 24v SDS"
She gets what she wants and you get to own killer kit.

But it's Ryobi that looks more like Airfix, not Makita.

I assume that's what you meant by a kit?

So how pray tell does the Ryobi SDS or anything else look like Airfix? The
Ryobi SDS I bought looks like - an SDS drill
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/23674/...rill-2kg-240V#

Granted Hitachi looks like something Flash Gordon would use, and B&D are
going that way, but Ryobi looks perfectly normal to me.

Oh BTW - the Ryobi SDS performs very well indeed thank you. Very nice to
use, drills holes perfectly and is gaining status because peope have seen
the name on the DFS advert.

:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman