Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Found a Black Cherry tree, what to do with it?

"Kenneth" wrote in message
Though I am certainly no expert on any of this, I would
suggest that it is not likely that you could find someone to
take it down in exchange for the wood, unless you happen to
have a buddy who is into that sort of thing. If you had
fifty of 'em it might be a different matter, but there are
costs of time and money to getting to your property, and
setting up to mill.

If you can haul the tree out, it can be sold. Here is an idea of the value.

http://www.hullforest.com/lumber/saw...og_prices.html