Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Diesel engines

"RAM³" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
m:

I had the local chief of a volunteer fire department screaming at me
that it wasn't legal to hang temporary work lights from overhead wires
at the job site. The firehouse was less than 100 feet away. I asked
him to follow me, and walked into the firehouse. I hit their breaker box
with my fist, and sparks lit up the room. I told him that I had
reported it as defective when I was a boy scout and our troop held our
meetings there, over 20 years earlier and they still hadn't had it
fixed. He informed me they didn't have to obey the law.

During my decade with a Volunteer Fire Dept. in a rural county, our biggest
problems came from some of the local Deputy Sheriffs who had no notion of
the laws concerning Arson.

More than once Arsonists that had been caught - and confessed - were simply
told to "get lost" by Deputies.

As to the breaker box, why hadn't you already fixed it for them? That way,
you could have written off both time and materials - at retail pricing - on
your taxes. grin

The truth? I was waiting for their building to burn down. Under that
fire chief the state of Ohio listed it as the worst in the entire state.
Five years earlier it was in the top 5%. It could take 30 minutes to
get a crew together, but it didn't stop the members from driving around
with lights and sirens on their private vehicles, or their kids from joy
riding. They would tailgate people, then turn on the lights and sirens
for kicks. I saw one of the little *******s turn onto the highway behind
me one night, and sure enough, on went the lights and siren. I locked
up the brakes on my stepvan and almost got rear ended. The idiot came
running up to my door screaming that he was going to call the police. I
reminded him that he was impersonating a fireman, and that he would go
to jail. He peeled rubber, and left, but not before I got the tag
number. I confronted his dad at the next monthly meeting at the
firehouse, and told them all that if I ever saw anything else illegal, I
was going to the State Attorney General. A few months later, I left
Ohio for good.

Their performance was so bad that no insurance company would
recognize them. Even though their hose tower could fall into my yard
and to within a few feet of the kitchen, the nearest accepted fire
department was over 10 miles away. Add that to the fact that fire chief
was supposed to be 100% disabled, yet he could climb ladders and pull
hose during a fire made everyone in the area despised them. Because of
their bad rating homeowner's insurance was about 20% higher than areas
closer to the rated city operated firehouses.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM