Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default OT Diesel engines

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
m:

I had the local chief of a volunteer fire department screaming at me
that it wasn't legal to hang temporary work lights from overhead wires
at the job site. The firehouse was less than 100 feet away. I asked
him to follow me, and walked into the firehouse. I hit their breaker box
with my fist, and sparks lit up the room. I told him that I had
reported it as defective when I was a boy scout and our troop held our
meetings there, over 20 years earlier and they still hadn't had it
fixed. He informed me they didn't have to obey the law.

During my decade with a Volunteer Fire Dept. in a rural county, our biggest
problems came from some of the local Deputy Sheriffs who had no notion of
the laws concerning Arson.

More than once Arsonists that had been caught - and confessed - were simply
told to "get lost" by Deputies.

As to the breaker box, why hadn't you already fixed it for them? That way,
you could have written off both time and materials - at retail pricing - on
your taxes. grin