Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob[_12_] Rob[_12_] is offline

Default Building Regs Full Plans - when is payment due?

"jim" wrote in message
Hi all

We engaged a professional to prepare, submit and negotiate to final
decision a "full plans" Building Regs application - the plans duly
went in to BC and *very* shortly after a bill arrived from said
designer asking for payment of the agreed fee in full on short terms.

That is what you agreed to. So why don't you want to pay for the service?

Given that (AFAIK) no negotiation (if any required) has had chance to
happen yet, and no decision from BC is due for another 6weeks - would
you pay the designer in full?

Was that part of the agreement - in writing?

At the mo' I don't feel like coughing up essentially "in advance" -
any comments/suggestions what to do?

You're not, he wants payment for the services you requested and agreed to.
I bet you just don't feel like paying, which is different.

NB We don't want to rattle cages too hard as we hope to use their
contacts to get the work done....

It could backfire if you do not pay - he will simply use his contacts to say
, "don't go near him
he doesn't pay up for a job".

thanks in advance
Jim