Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark BR Mark BR is offline

Default water pump to increase water pressure

wrote:
On 13 Apr,
"Mark BR" wrote:

But you have confirmed that if I get a pump with a 35 m lift it will
give me 3.5 bar. All the local pumps show the lift but do not talk
about pressure and come with no information except what is on the
pump plate.

Fitting a more powerful pump, and resetting the pressure switch to
higher values will work, but bear in mind the working pressure rating
of the pressure vessel. It may need replacing. Also the air pressure
in the pressure vessel may need increasing if the pump cycles too
much.

Most pumps are rated at the number of starts per hour. This needs to
be taken into account when sizing the pressure vessel.

The pressure tank is rated up to 4 bar, so we are within the limits. My main
worry is leaks in the system if we increase the pressure too much, most of
the metal pipework is corroding, the taps leak and the PVC joins are not the
worlds best quality workmanship!

I'll have to look at the number of starts per hour, hope to get it down to
between 6 and 10 an hour during the peak period and off all night. Save a
fortune in electricity.

Thanks,

--
Mark BR