Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
C & S C & S is offline

Default Trip to the sawmill

I went to the saw mill the other day. My intent was to transfer some his
unwanted inventory to my empty barn space. He had a roughly 450 bf pile of
miscellaneous "pallet wood" that he said I could have for 40 cents a foot:
mostly maple, about 100 bf of red oak and maybe 65bf of ash.

What he calls pallet wood means I'll have have to put 25% of it in the wood
stove to remove defects. For me this is the next half decade of drawer sides
and shop fixtures so I'm happy.

I did fine some peculiar defects which I'm thinking should be used to effect
is something, but Im not sure what. I have about 12 hard maple boards with
tap holes. The taps seem to cause a grey stain that travels for a foot or
two up and down past the tap.

I would appreciate any ideas of how to best use this "feature".

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
Trip to the sawmill-16-jpg