Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap Tool Blues - Hinge Cutter

John Rumm wrote:
Rod wrote:

The centre spike was ridiculously oversized and threatened to pierce
the other side of the door - a bit better after I had taken my
Dremel to it.

Silverline (on eBay) from around £8-75 inc. p&p

Any advice? Recommendations?

Tried the silverline - same problem with the spike, much too big. I
only needed two holes, so started them both and drilled to half depth,
removed the spike on the bench grinder, and completed the holes!
(threw the bit in the bin after that).

Varies a lot Silverline stuff. I've had a lot of grief with some - basin
wrench that just didnt work, hinge templates that were so badly made as to
be unusable etc, but been very pleased with other things - deck board
installtion tool, olive puller, guide clamp.

Toolstation & Silverline seem connected in some way. Same bloke behind both
companies?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk