Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Energy savings of a ' fridge

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski writes:

Considering that electric rates can vary from about 5½ to 18½ a kWh,
your $1 figure is as accurate as the refrigerator testing.

Define "accurate". I said $1/day is typical and it is for typical
electric
pricing. The DOE figures are way off the low end and not typical of
anywhere. Their 10 cents/day figures are fantasy.

Define "typical"

Where do they charge 5 cents for a KWH? Iraq? Our fuel surchage alone is
more than 5 cents.

Some places in the Midwest are that cheap. I recently did a check of rates
where our competitors did business and found rates as low as .045. I don't
have the links at home, but I was shocked at the rates available.