Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Table Saw recommendation needed please.

"S. Barker" wrote in message
I don't need cabinet makers grade. I just want one that is a 10" and has a
fence that doesn't have to be dicked with every dam time to keep it
square.
I have this POS rockwell I paid WAY too much for at an auction, and it
just
has to go. The fence is not worth the powder and shot it would take to
blow
it across the street. Something currently on the market new for $350 -
$450 would be what i will be shopping for.

Any suggestions , or units to avoid?

The fence is the key to wood sawing happiness. Unfortunately, in your price
range you will get mostly mediocrity. A good fence, such as Biesemeyer or
Unifence costs close to your entire budget.

You may want to consider something like this
http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-T...eft-Tilt/G0575
or
http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-T...ase-110V/G0444

Other good brands are Delta and Jet, but the better models are in the $1000
range and up.

Please, avoid the temptation to get a cheap benchtop or an aluminum table
saw for $199 on sale at Sears.