Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to remove a small tree

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:05:43 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:35:18 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 05:40:27 -0500, "DanG" wrote:

I really hesitate to suggest this. A chain, a pickup truck, and a
lot of common sense can either pull the whole thing or, at least,
provide enough tension to make digging and axe work more
productive. Without the common sense your results may differ.

Nothing wrong with this method. It would be my first choice...

Beats using a one eyed plow mule and a chain.

I'm guessing Dan's hesitation on the recommendation was based on the
fact that the OP's first tool of choice was a circular saw. IOW, the
measure of "common sense" available may be inadequate to avoid damage to
the truck, or other property, or personal injury.

I'm guessing you are correct! g

I've found that when doing stupid stuff with a pickup truck, a tow strap
is often a better tool than a chain. You still can break stuff, but at
least if you snap the strap it is a lot lighter and therefore does less
damage to whatever it whips into

nate

The proper strap, like a tow strap is a GOOD choice. A fellow I know
got in a hurry one day using a tie down type strap. One with buckles
(ratchet one). The strap let go and he has a need for a new tail gate
for the truck.

That's when(after the dent) he found the tail gate had already been
repaired with bondo, once before.