Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ED ED is offline

Default OT Diesel engines

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 10:43:21 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

snippage

I agree with what you are saying especially in
regards to nuclear and natural gas. With some
decent leadership we could turn around the current
situation in a decade or so.

It won't be a single thing/event more like
an accumilation of technologys.

On the oil seed front there are ag producers in eastern
MT that are running their operations on what they produce.
There was a news article published last week on how it is working.
Safflower can/is being grown at a big +++ net energy gain. Commodity
revenues are up %200 year to year in this area.

The farmer in the article bought a crusher from an India company for
$5K and is very happy with the fuel. He sells the extra
left over meal at $125 a ton for cattle feed. Super high quality
feed. Camelina is going to be huge--check it out.. There's
two $100Mil plants going online this year....just for camelina.

Growing corn for ethenol is best if it's sold by
the bottle :-) ED