Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default How to remove a small tree

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 05:40:27 -0500, "DanG" wrote:

I really hesitate to suggest this. A chain, a pickup truck, and a
lot of common sense can either pull the whole thing or, at least,
provide enough tension to make digging and axe work more
productive. Without the common sense your results may differ.

Nothing wrong with this method. It would be my first choice...

Beats using a one eyed plow mule and a chain.

I'm guessing Dan's hesitation on the recommendation was based on the
fact that the OP's first tool of choice was a circular saw. IOW, the
measure of "common sense" available may be inadequate to avoid damage to
the truck, or other property, or personal injury.