Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke 87 LCD

It's pretty straight forward. A few weeks ago I cleaned the zebra
strip that connects the LCD to the PCB on my 87. Used a Q-tip
and some rubbing alcohol. There are a couple screws on the
backside of the PCB that hold the LCD assembly to it. Just
remember how you took it apart as there is no marking on the
LCD to orient it. The plastic cover can only go on one way
if I recall correctly.

In my sample, the LCD is held in place by a large plastic snap-fitting
cover, of not very prepossessing quality. Simply removing it, then lifting
and replacing the LCD module, fixed the problem.

Thanks.