Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default inspection chamber and pipe gradients

On 12 Apr, 23:14, "dennis@home" wrote:
"Roger Mills" wrote in message

dennis@home wrote:

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
I've set out the main part of my drainage, being old clay to new
inspection chamber to rest bend and soil pipe etc, with the gradient
at 1 in 40. Two other connections on the chamber are to connect to
two roddable bottle gullies (one under outside tap, other for rain
water runoff - combined sewer).

Where do they still allow rain water to be connected into foul drains?

Presumably everywhere where there is a combined sewer rather than separate
sewers for foul and surface water.

Like I said where?
AFAIK its been made illegal.
They certainly should be as they overflow in storms and flood places with
raw sewage.

I said its a combined sewer. Coventry. Never had any problems in
storms.
Most of the 1930s houses are like that. AFAIK, most houses with
hoppers for bath
water have combined sewers. Soakaways would be no good - there's a
great thick layer of clay. There is no separate drain for us to use !
Connects straight to a public sewer running though the back gardens.
Got me thinking though - the road drains going into the same sewer
would
seem a bit odd, but I guess they must do.
Simon.