Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default inspection chamber and pipe gradients

I've set out the main part of my drainage, being old clay to new
inspection chamber to rest bend and soil pipe etc, with the gradient
at 1 in 40. Two other connections on the chamber are to connect to two
roddable bottle gullies (one under outside tap, other for rain water
runoff - combined sewer). If these gullies are connected to the
chamber mainly with straight pipe, the gradient will be a lot steeper
than 1 in 40. Is this OK, or do I need to use some kind of rest bend
from the gully so that the main run of pipe from gully to chamber is
about 1 in 40 ?
Of course, if the roddable feature is to be any use, then run needs to
basically be straight.
Thanks,
Simon.