Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Slightly Graying Wolf Slightly Graying Wolf is offline

Default Flying ants or termites?

Walter Cohen wrote:
How do I tell the difference between flying/winged ants and
flying/winged termites?
I have what look like winged ants (black bodies with long wings) that
have been congregating on the inside of a window sill in my home. There
are numerous discarded wings along the floor too.

Any help is appreciated.
Walter

Do a search for both and you should find some good illustrations of their
wing and body shapes. I had a similar problem last year and ours turned out
to be the lesser evil of the two (ants).

It took about a month but we got rid of them last year, (as I look down I
see a scout crossing the floor now, seems it is ant hunting season all over
again.