Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper.

You could buy one sheet of 1 or 2" thick polystyrene or Styrofoam
and eliminate the 2x4s. Nice idea.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"BoyntonStu" wrote in message
On Apr 11, 11:05 pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 11, 6:09 am, BoyntonStu wrote:

Some just don't get it.

Besides, would you rather lose a toe or a finger?

Clarification: The extended handle is at an angle.

I am walking about 2 feet behind the blade.

The trigger is held by my finger.

What I don't get is, instead of building a long handle thingee
with a
trigger on it so you can bend over and set your plywood on two
by
fours, why not build this table
instead?
http://thewoodshop.20m.com/panel_cutting_table.htm

When you've built the long handle with a trigger on it, you've
built a
gadget that has one use only. I'm not sure from the description
but it
sounds like putting it on and taking it off is fairly
complicated
task.

The panel cutting table gets the panel up where it's easy to
work,
handles a full sheet of ply very well, has many other uses, is
really
cheap and quick to build, and it stores easily.

There's lots of ways to do it and I'm not saying you shouldn't
do it
your way but I have to admit it makes me a little nervous, even
with
the trigger on it.

The point is not to have to lift heavy plywood sheets.

I have the sheets standing agaist a wall.

I just let one fall over onto the 2x4's. Cut them where they
fall.

It takes 2 screws and nuts to mount the plywood plate using 2
holes
already in the saw plate.

(Countersunk from below. Also chamfer the front edge for ease
of
sliding)

No table to build, store, or setup. Just store 4-2x4's.

What advantage is there cutting at 3 feet higher than the floor?