Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default How to remove a small tree

I really hesitate to suggest this. A chain, a pickup truck, and a
lot of common sense can either pull the whole thing or, at least,
provide enough tension to make digging and axe work more
productive. Without the common sense your results may differ.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"desgnr" wrote in message
It doesnt have a trunk.
It seems to have a series of branches that are real wide at the
bottom.
"Phisherman" wrote in message
"desgnr" wrote
I have a 6' tall evergreen tree i want to remove.
I used a circular saw to cut down the branches.
Right now it is about 2' high & i tried to dig the remaining
part out.
I am getting nowhere because the roots look like 2" in
diameter & the tree
wont budge when i push on it.
I can't get the saw under to cut the bottom off.
How can i remove it ?

A 60' pine fell 3 weeks ago. The trunk is over 2' diameter. I
cut
the majority of the branches with a bow saw--much safer than
using a
chain saw and ladder. In your case, dig around the roots. A
pick axe
will help. I can't imagine using a circular saw for this.