Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default TOT BT Broadband and External email accounts

On 2008-04-12 11:57:54 +0100, tony sayer said:

Simple answer is that you do NOT have to have BT as your service
provider for your broadband service. Although the service runs over BT
wires other ISP's can provide the service.

I'd recommend Ellipse.co.uk as a good all rounder good service and a
call centre based in the UK ! Exeter actually, and part of Kingston
telecoms group the "other" phone provider.

I think you mean Eclipse.

Indeed..

I've used them in the past but migrated
because they were not able to offer link bundling.

Not it might seem a problem for the OP..

I found their
customer service respectable if one has a business account but not with
a consumer account - respponse times on the phone could be 30 mins (I
will accept 5 absolute max) and by email/tracking anything up to a week
(I will accept same day).

Well we've used both and haven't noticed any difference, 'tho e-mail
support is graded by you when you make the call anyway as urgent and not
urgent etc. They did go through a bad period quite sometime ago but have
been fine since, streets ahead of BT..

Mmm. I agree.

However I haven't had to use support much at all as theirs been sod all
to complain about

Also true. It's just that on the very odd occasion when support is
needed, it tends to be a serious and urgent issue and then response
time is important.

No but is that really a consideration for the O/P he just wants a
reliable mail service we use both VM where cabled and Eclipse and both
are fine)

Indeed.