Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default External structural wood glue

Rick Hughes wrote:
What has gone wrong with this group ... This used to be such a good
group with low spam ratio.

Not been here much lately and now find of full of SPAM & Flames .... a pity

Now the question, I need a very strong wood glue for external structural
joinery (6x6 and 12x4 timbers) ... all timbers are tantalized, so must
be able to work on treated wood

In the past I have opted for Cascamite .. it is reasonably gap filling,
strong & waterproof. (and expensive)
But as I have been using Cascamite for more than 25 years has the
technology moved on ... is there something better ?

Technology may have, but the physics of wood haven't.No glue ever seems
to work well outside with all that 'water and dry' cycling.

Carpenters used exopanding polyurethane. As the wood warped, it simply
tore out..

Fortunately there are coach bolts as well..