Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Ace Hardware Stores

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:47feeba0$0$19832
:

On 4/10/2008 11:51 AM Cheri spake thus:

Personally, I choose Ace Hardware over the big box stores.

[...]

I find myself shopping there all the time now, do others
like Ace better, or are you more into the big box stores? I'm curious.

Ace, definitely (or, as others have pointed out, True Value). Anything
*but* the big-box stores. (Home Despot is the worst.)

We even have an "old-time" Ace in my neighborhood, unlike any other
hardware store I've ever seen. Instead of browsing a large store for
what you want, you walk into a rather small storefront, go to the
counter and tell them what you want, and they get it for you. And
they've almost always been able to give me what I needed.

That's cause they don't want you messin' with the copper kettle and
tubing right in the back. I bet they are very mellow people huh? :-)

I spent many years in northern VT. Although VT hosts high tech computer
chip mfg, outside the towns still exist many General Stores. Some you
could take a B&W picture and put it in a history book and no one would
know is's not 150 years old.