Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Junk posting . . .

"Walter R." wrote in message

Is this what the OE filter should look like?

Apply this rule after the message arrives

Where the message is on alt.home.repair newsgroup

and Where the From line contains '.jpn, .cn, gmail.com, yahoo.com,
hotmail.com' or 'googlemail.com'

and Where the message is from the news-server.san.rr.com account

Delete it

This setup does not seem to filter messages from gmail.com.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
news
Ray wrote:
I suppose I'm only adding to the problem by noting that there's a big
surge
in junk spam being posted on this newsgroup, including a lot of
pornography.
I don't suppose anything can be done about it, but it's a pity to see
such a
useful newsgroup being polluted.

Go to Tools Message Rules News and create a new rule that deletes any
messages from .jp, .cn, gmail.com, yahoo.com, and hotmail.com. I don't
know if you see a lot of replica watch ads but I used to so I added watch
and replica to the from rules as well. Note that these are all
addresses, not subjects.

I seldom see any crap these days... at least from spammers.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

I just did my OE with one filter using all the combinations above, and then
did individual filters on each. Then returned to the newsgroup to find most
gone, except googlemail.com, which I then added.

Tools
Message Rules
News
New
check "Where from line includes people" box
check "Delete it" box
hit the highlighted "contains people"
type gmail.com (or whatever, but just the last that identifies the domain)
Add
OK

Steve