Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Flickering lights on one circuit

On Apr 11, 2:27*pm, "James" wrote:
In my study, *my lamps will flicker every few minutes or so. * I assume that
I have some defect in the wiring on this circuit, or that there is a problem
with my circuit breaker connection, or the breaker itself.

So, today I went to the breaker box *and made sure that the wire connecting
to the breaker were screwed down as tight as possible. *I was able to turn
the screw a full 1/2 *turn, so I thought this might have cured the problem.
But, it didn't.

snip

So you checked/tightened the breaker...good! But your circuits are fed
with TWO wires, right? Did you even look at the grounds and neutrals?
This is a common error that wannabe electrical DIYers always make.
They assume that the breaker side of the circuit is the only place for
trouble, and nothing is further from the facts. So the lesson is, use
the laws of physics, they're on your side. HTH

Joe