Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best way to cut glass??

On Apr 11, 4:18*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Apr 11, 4:14*pm, "charlie"
wrote:

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I've heard about scoring the glass on only one side and scoring it on
both sides as the preferred way to cut/break glass. *I've done it both
ways. Anyone got any real insight into this matter????

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

score it on one side. break apart by pulling down on each side of the cut
with the cut on the top surface, or break on a sharp edged tabletop if the
piece of glass is large and the part you're cutting off is not small.

Any comments on scoring 1 side vs both sides before breaking??

I should add that this particular piece of glass I am going to cut is
double thickness from an old storm door. I know that the glass is NOT
tempered.