Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default Junk posting . . .

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Smitty Two" wrote

I still get the stupid stuff I havent figured out how to remove yet with
my
client (OE) but it's now bearable. One day I will upgrade clients but
for
now, I can work with this.

Sheesh. Don't filter gmail. That has nothing to do with usenet. Filter
googlegroups instead. The fact that many googlegroups users also have
gmail accounts has led you astray in your logic.

You cant filter googlegroups with OE.

OE can be linked to a proxy newsreader such as NewsProxy (a free download).
Set NewsProxy to your newsreader and put this line in the filter file: *
drop Message-ID:*googlegroups*

Set OE to connect to "localhost" and you should be good to go.