Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Junk posting . . .

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"cshenk" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote

I still get the stupid stuff I havent figured out how to remove
yet with my
client (OE) but it's now bearable. One day I will upgrade clients
but for
now, I can work with this.

Sheesh. Don't filter gmail. That has nothing to do with usenet.
Filter googlegroups instead. The fact that many googlegroups users
also have gmail accounts has led you astray in your logic.

You cant filter googlegroups with OE.

That's like saying you can't unclog your toilet with a lawnmower. So
why not get the right tool for the job? This is ahr, after all --
isn't that what we're always advocating?

Filtering @gmail.com is a very reasonable solution if you don't care about
minimal collateral damage (which I don't since it cuts my spam by 80-90%) OE
can be configured to ignore legitimate gmail users by adding specific rule
exceptions. And gmail users can munge their address so that the @gmail.com
filter overlooks them. It may be a less than elegant solution, and most
@gmail.com spam DOES originate from google-groups, but I like OE (especially
with OE Quote-Fix), I don't have to install a proxy and learn a whole new
geek shorthand to configure it.

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."