Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Modifying solar landscape lights

In article , z wrote:
On Apr 11, 10:55=A0am, rush14 wrote:
I'm wanting to install some solar powered landscape lights but I don't
like the orange colored LEDs or the bluish tint of the so called white
LEDs.

I was thinking of buying some of the solar lights advertised as super
bright white LEDs and replacing the LEDs with what are referred to as
super bright warm white LEDs. =A0The low voltage powered lights are not
an option.

I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
Rush

This may be a bit off topic but at least I'm not hawking Chinese made
handbags or porno videos.

replace the batteries with high capacity ones too, while you're doing
the surgery. the stock batteries are ridiculous.

In places where there is little sun, like Pittsburgh, it doesn't much
matter on battery type. The problem with most of the lamps
is their build quality. You have to waterproff them, and use silicon
grease to coat the batteries and contacts. I bought some really good
floods at Harbor Freight, but that design is no longer available. I ordered some
warm whites from LED Supply. 4000 Neutral white and 3000 warm light. I don't know the temp
of the 5 mm I bought.

greg