Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby James Waldby is offline

Default "casting cores and molds direct from CAD"

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:43:49 +0000, Winston wrote:
Nick Mueller wrote:
Winston wrote:
artist was posted about two years ago in RCM (and I lost the
bookmark).

http://www.bathsheba.com/

I should have written "I lost and found that link again in this thread"
The original posting contains it. :-)

Now you're allowed to visit her site twice as often.

Another sculptor using exone services is Vladimir Bulatov (Russia),
http://bulatov.org/metal/index.html who writes: "I build a computer
model to represent this mathematical idea in 3D world", "Next I apply
custom algorithms to give the model nice body and organic look. I write
all software I use for this process", "The file is sent to 3D printing
company in California who uses state of the art technique to build real
piece from thin layers of steel and bronze composite", "When I got my
"green" pieces back it have rough surface. I hand polish pieces and
burnish them in tumbler with stainless steel shot for about 24 hours."

-jiw