Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Junk posting . . .

"Ray" wrote

I suppose I'm only adding to the problem by noting that there's a big surge
in junk spam being posted on this newsgroup, including a lot of
pornography. I don't suppose anything can be done about it, but it's a pity
to see such a useful newsgroup being polluted.

I know. I now delete automatically all mail from @gmail and it helps
tremedously. Sure there are a few valid posters caught in that, but I had
an immediate 75% or so drop in spam. Most runs show a 1/3 of the posts are
from @gmail.

I still get the stupid stuff I havent figured out how to remove yet with my
client (OE) but it's now bearable. One day I will upgrade clients but for
now, I can work with this.