Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default How to remove a small tree

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:18:21 GMT, "desgnr" wrote:

It doesnt have a trunk.
It seems to have a series of branches that are real wide at the bottom.
"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
"desgnr" wrote
I have a 6' tall evergreen tree i want to remove.
I used a circular saw to cut down the branches.
Right now it is about 2' high & i tried to dig the remaining part out.
I am getting nowhere because the roots look like 2" in diameter & the
tree
wont budge when i push on it.
I can't get the saw under to cut the bottom off.
How can i remove it ?

A 60' pine fell 3 weeks ago. The trunk is over 2' diameter. I cut
the majority of the branches with a bow saw--much safer than using a
chain saw and ladder. In your case, dig around the roots. A pick axe
will help. I can't imagine using a circular saw for this.

I did this a couple years ago. 20 foot Evergreen. Cut the upper as
you did which will leave a two or three foot trunk. Get an ax and
start to cut through all of the horizontal/diagonal main roots. Soak
the soil so that you can start to rock the truck. As you rock the
trunk you can dig and expose more roots to cut.

The hardest part will be getting to the last few roots under the
trunk. Keep whacking at the un seeable roots under the trunk until you
can rock/twist the trunk away.