Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Modifying solar landscape lights

In article , rush14 wrote:
I'm wanting to install some solar powered landscape lights but I don't
like the orange colored LEDs or the bluish tint of the so called white
LEDs.

I was thinking of buying some of the solar lights advertised as super
bright white LEDs and replacing the LEDs with what are referred to as
super bright warm white LEDs. The low voltage powered lights are not
an option.

I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
Rush

This may be a bit off topic but at least I'm not hawking Chinese made
handbags or porno videos.

I'm on the same train. Its just harder to find them and they tend to cost more.
I used some boards from Led Supply that are made to mimic an outdoor
lamp socket. You mount led's to the board. I think its made for 4.
I like using the yellow or orange lamps. they are best for walkways, decks etc.
I should order some neutral or warm whites K2's. These are the biggies.
http://www.ledsupply.com/k2star.php
You can wire these up in series for 12 volt use. I ordered some small whites
from somebody, but they generally run over $1 a piece. I actually bought a pack of 4
at Advance Auto to put in my car. They are made for 12 volts. They actually run a little
too warm with the dropping resistor generating a lot of heat near the LED.

greg