Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default IDTech monitor IBM

In article , "Michael Kennedy" wrote:

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:5yBLj.7950$Oa2.7806@trndny06...

If you want to make something really cheap here you go..

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...8610-1787-SS90
5&detail=cr&lpage=none

Just have to recitfy it and build some regulation..

That looks way too small and cheap to be 10A, I think 1.0A is a lot more
likely, looks like a doorbell transformer.

You don't want a linear power supply for that kinda power, it'll be a boat
anchor.

Well here's another thought. Couldn't you just get two 16v 5 amp SMPS for a
laptop and wire them in parallel? I've never seen it done, but I can't see
why it shouldn't work any different than wiring 2 batteries in parallel.

Mike

16 volt supplies are hard to find. I did find one by Acopian for $270.
I can get the orginal with some wait for $150. I looked at the supply
and its varying voltage constantly resetting. Nothing obvious I
can find.

greg