Posted to rec.woodworking
The Davenport's The Davenport's is offline

Default 1/2" shank pattern bits with short cutting lengths?

Hey, Joe...wrong sort of collet...as far as I know, there are no routers
that use ER-xx collets. I think that all router makers use proprietary
collets...could be mistaken on that, tho.

I always thought that too, but a sign manufacturer next to our shop has a
big router table he uses on everything from woods and plastics to
aluminum... And it has an ER32 collet system. Kinda cool...

But when he said 1/2" shank, I figured it might just be ER20 since their
maximum holding size is 1/2" or 13mm
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Now THAT would be router that I'd love to play with.

Mike