Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Ace Hardware Stores

On Apr 10, 2:51*pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
Personally, I choose Ace Hardware over the big box stores. Every time
I'm in Lowe's, there is no help available, and if they're available,
they usually don't know what you're talking about. Same thing with
Orchard Hardware Supply. In my town there is a very small Ace
Hardware, and every time I go there, they are very helpful, go with
you to show you the item, and discuss the pros and cons with you. They
usually have the everyday things that I need for repairs, and they're
even cheaper. I find myself shopping there all the time now, do others
like Ace better, or are you more into the big box stores? I'm curious.

--
Cheri

Where I live, the Ace stores and the very few remaining independents
are located on street corners of older neighborhoods. Very convenient
for the "city-folk" who can either walk there or drive a much shorter
distance than it would take to get to the borgs in the suburbs.

With that convenience comes much higher prices and a lot of lower
quality items. While you can still get the single bolt or odd sized
plumbing fitting from there, if you try to get everything you need for
a given project, you're going to spend a lot more than at a borg.

YMMV, depending on where you live.