Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper.

Mike Marlow wrote:
"BoyntonStu" wrote in message
A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper. I put a 4 foot handle on a
circular saw. It was attached to a plywood plate and a right angle
edge, that positions the blade exactly 10" from a ripping guide.

I can rip plywood sitting on 2x4's on the floor by just walking along
guiding the circular saw against the guide. Just like using a lawn
edger.

Very accurate, safe, and convenient.

Holy Cow! Where would one even start with this comment? I'm no safety
nazi, but even I wouldn't be doing this.

I just kneel on the sheet after placing it on a 4'x8' 2" foam sheet.

The handle will be interesting if anything goes bad.