Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mail@atics.co.uk is offline

Default External structural wood glue

On 10 Apr, 19:30, "Rick Hughes" wrote:
What has gone wrong with this group ... This used to be such a good group
with low spam ratio.

Not been here much lately and now find of full of SPAM & Flames .... a pity

Now the question, I need a very strong wood glue for external structural
joinery (6x6 *and 12x4 timbers) ... all timbers are tantalized, so must be
able to work on treated wood

In the past I have opted for Cascamite .. it is reasonably gap filling,
strong & waterproof. *(and expensive)
But as I have been using Cascamite for more than 25 years has the technology
moved on ... is there something better ?

Dear Rick
I recommend the resorcinol types - used for Glulam
I got mine from "The Factory Crondal Lane, Dippenhall, Farnham, Surrey
GU10 5DW 01252 725100"
I used C-1711 from AKZO Nobel ADCO UK Ltd

Tanalised timber is normally not planed and you would need to take off
the worst of the roughness to get a good joint

Chris