Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ace Hardware Stores

On 4/10/2008 3:37 PM Nate Nagel spake thus:

Blattus Slafaly wrote:

I shop at Home Depot and Lowe's all the time. I think the people who
used to work at Ace and Trustworthy's went to the big box stores which
DO have better selections.

That has not been my experience at all. There's lots of "stuff" at the
big boxes but they almost never have everything that I'm looking for for
any given project.

Yes; case in point: I have a client who wants a clothesline put up. Went
to the Ace in El Cerrito (Pastime, great store), where they found some
kits in the way-back, $50 for a complete metal kit (T-poles, etc.) Today
I asked at Home Despot for comparison; they had *no* clothesline kits at
all (only items listed were things like line, pulleys, etc.).

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill