Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ace Hardware Stores

On 4/10/2008 11:51 AM Cheri spake thus:

Personally, I choose Ace Hardware over the big box stores.

[...]

I find myself shopping there all the time now, do others
like Ace better, or are you more into the big box stores? I'm curious.

Ace, definitely (or, as others have pointed out, True Value). Anything
*but* the big-box stores. (Home Despot is the worst.)

We even have an "old-time" Ace in my neighborhood, unlike any other
hardware store I've ever seen. Instead of browsing a large store for
what you want, you walk into a rather small storefront, go to the
counter and tell them what you want, and they get it for you. And
they've almost always been able to give me what I needed.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill