Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default How to remove a small tree

SteveB wrote:

"desgnr" wrote in message
news:T4sLj.5408$XC1.4369@trndny08...

I have a 6' tall evergreen tree i want to remove.
I used a circular saw to cut down the branches.
Right now it is about 2' high & i tried to dig the remaining part out.
I am getting nowhere because the roots look like 2" in diameter & the tree
wont budge when i push on it.
I can't get the saw under to cut the bottom off.
How can i remove it ?

You have already screwed it up, so I'll try to save it from here.

First, you should have left the trunk longer for leverage.

Hook a chain from the top most point of the remaining trunk to a truck
hitch, or a come-along to it and get it in a good bind. Now, dig the roots.
If you have drainage, a power washer helps to blow out the roots, and
identify where to clip them. If you don't have good drainage, I have dug

How'd we survive without power tools? Krimany, I'm an old lady and all
I need to dig it out is
a garden spade and a pruning saw.