Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Ace Hardware Stores

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in news:0-
:

Personally, I choose Ace Hardware over the big box stores. Every time
I'm in Lowe's, there is no help available, and if they're available,
they usually don't know what you're talking about. Same thing with
Orchard Hardware Supply. In my town there is a very small Ace
Hardware, and every time I go there, they are very helpful, go with
you to show you the item, and discuss the pros and cons with you. They
usually have the everyday things that I need for repairs, and they're
even cheaper. I find myself shopping there all the time now, do others
like Ace better, or are you more into the big box stores? I'm curious.

--
Cheri

I've found the short staffing an issue at all Lowe's. I don't blame them
of course. It's management driven at some level.

As far as not knowing what you're talking about, if you are a frequent
flier at either of them, you get to know who to ask what in each dept.
I've seen good people in both.

The one's that get a frightened look when you look at them are not them.

Then there was the one when I needed an o-ring for my pressure washer
nozzle. Handed me a pack of assorted faucet seat washers. You just say
thanks and let em go "help" someone else.

As far as product availability I find that area dependent in the same
store. But lately, I'm seeing even the ones that had a good inventory of
regular items are out of stuff. Not sure what is causing this. I mean I
go into Lowe's a few weeks back to price a standard 36" LH 6 panel steel
door. They have only one. I mean this is building materials staple food.
I dunno. Maybe some hard up builder needed a bunch bad/quick and bought
them up regardless of cost. But there's other examples I could cite.