Robert Bonomi

Default wife offered membership; why not me

In article ,
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:
Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 3:13pm (EDT+4) (jo4hn) says:
I write "DISEASED" on the face of the return envelope and send it back
empty. If the mail handler can't read very well, I am removed from the
list. If he can read, the envelope is burned. :-) I am having a good
day.

I prefer to be truthful, and simply write something like "refused
as obscene material".

If you want to _be_sure_ that they don't mail you again, just trot down
to the Post Office, and ask for a "Form 1500". Fill it out, which
involves claiming that *YOU* (and *nobody* -- not the Post Office, or
even the U.S. Supreme Court can override your evaluation) find the
material to be obscene, and don't want any more mailing from that company.

Not only do they have to stop sending you 'stuff', they have to remove
your name/address/etc. from _all_ their records. This means that they
can't rent/sell your name/address to somebody else who wants to junk mail
you.

Related info: For those getting the subscription 'renewal' notices from
the people -not- related to the magazine; sending 'fake' invoices is
*illegal*. The Federal law is "39 USC 3001 (d)". The post office takes
a _very_ dim view of such activities. Go to the Post Office, again, and
ask for "Form 8165". You'll need to include a copy of the 'invoice' *and*
a copy of the face of the envelope, with the complaint when you submit it.