Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default How to remove a small tree

"desgnr" writes:

I have a 6' tall evergreen tree i want to remove.
I used a circular saw to cut down the branches.
Right now it is about 2' high & i tried to dig the remaining part out.
I am getting nowhere because the roots look like 2" in diameter & the tree
wont budge when i push on it.
I can't get the saw under to cut the bottom off.
How can i remove it ?

Next time leave more than 2 feet.
The more you leave, the more leverage you get
to rock the thing loose.

Dig out a ring about 3 feet from the trunk.
Go down about a foot.
Cut any roots you find there.
Then remove any dirt from the ball and you should
be able to get the tree and roots out of the hole.

I've done a bunch of bushes and trees of this size
and bigger. It's hard work but doable.