Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default "casting cores and molds direct from CAD"

Nick Mueller wrote:

Winston wrote:

I just uploaded the pix and a description.
Pardon the lousy picture quality.

Nothing to pardon! I say thanks for taking the time.
Not very smooth surface, but you say that its getting smooth very quickly.

On the third example, I used successively finer grits of abrasive paper to
bring down the back side which is flat. It turned out nice and shiny.
I expect that some time with Cratex wheels would polish the concave surfaces
very nicely.

Looks a bit fuzzy.

My old scanner had a much deeper field of view than does my new one.

What's their minimum charge? I didn't find it on their page.

Officially U$500. but I did mention that they didn't charge me, for some reason.

WOW! I just saw that they do have a company in Germany.

I will be interested if you decide to have them make parts for you.

--Winston