Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Supporting Cast Iron DWV Pipe

On Apr 9, 5:38*pm, Wayne Whitney wrote:
On 2008-04-09, dpb wrote:

I know, I know!!! *--make N 2x6 (8?, I forget what Wayne said joists
were) blocking to fit between and lay out the rise and lateral shift
along the run and drill. *Slide on, lift into place and nail!
V,VBG

You know, now that you mention it I need to have blocking in between
the joists in at least 2 places anyway. *So I may actually just do
that! *Joists are 2x10.

Cheers, Wayne

While I can see your point about the noise (it isn't that much more),
I keep wondering just how many cast iron joints you have done. The
job is not 'simple' and takes a few special tools. Even done by
professionals doesn't gaurantee a leak proof joint over the course of
years.

Harry K