Dave Plowman

Default Wiring a 3 way light switch.

In article ,
John john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote:
In my house I have two wall lights on a circuit. Left hand light has the
neutral - right hand light has the switched live feed.

I presume you're talking about the switches? In which case, the black
isn't a neutral, but the switch return. It should have a bit of red
sleeving to identify it as such in an ideal world.

(Twin + E links the two locations.)

Usually called straps.

It is important to realise this when linking across between the wall
lights..

Worth checking to see if yours is like this.

I've never understood why some do it this way as it wastes cable. Far
better to run the normal switch pair to one switch, then a triple and
earth to the other.

--
*I yell because I care

Dave Plowman London SW 12