Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

I haven't thought it through, either, but my instinct is that it's a bad
idea. I don't think the problem is expensive gas. The problem is that we're
so hooked on petroleum. There isn't much chance of solving that issue by
political price-setting measures, which is what you'd have if you had an
"oil commission," or something equivalent to a utilities commission. People
would be screaming to lower prices for oil rather than screaming to develop
alternatives and the politicians wouldn't be able to resist.

--
Ed Huntress

That's quite an interesting obseervation, Ed.