Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default questions about fuel and generators (incl. a legal one)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:44:57 -0700 (PDT), John Nagelson
wrote:

On Apr 10, 10:55*am, Max Demian wrote:

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:36:52 +0100, "Anthony R. Gold"

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:52:43 -0700 (PDT), John Nagelson
wrote:

You're thinking of DERV (white diesel) and gas oil
(red diesel). The latter carries no fuel duty and can be legally used
in a generator, though I don't know how difficult it is for an
ordinary joe to get hold of. I expect marine suppliers have it.

Sold at the pump in some agricultural areas in the UK.

If the OP wants to save money on his electric bill, it's best to do it
by avoiding electric space and water heating, electric cooking, air
conditioning, appliances on standby, battery chargers on all the time,
replace incandescent lamps with fluorescents - IOW all the standard
economy measures.

That's not my aim though! :-)

So what, pray is your aim; or rather your purpose?

We are all dying to know ;-)

--
Max Demian